Grayslake Highschool Debate Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Grayslake Highschool Debate Forum

Debate forum for GCHS/GNHS

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Basic information

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Air13ourn
Admin
Air13ourn

Male Number of posts : 471
Where I am : As high as a kite
Hobbies : Debating and WoW
Registration date : 2006-12-14

Basic information Empty
PostSubject: Basic information   Basic information Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2006 8:17 pm

Well, most likely if you have come here, you have come to seek information. Well, I'll tell you about us.

Who are we?

We are, of course, a debate team. Not only a team for debating, but we are a community of friends, and we enjoy helping each other.

What do we do?

Easy, we debate tongue

Okay, now that we covered the very obveious basics. What exactly IS debate?

Well, for those who do not know what debate is, it is arguing your point on what ever side you are on, IE pro or con. I'll go into what debates core is later.

Where do you meet?

We meet at GNHS after school. if you are at Central, take bus 702 to North. It should be with the rest. (I believe it is bus M as well)
North people meet in room 310. We meet every Wensday

So then..is that it?

For basics, yes.
Back to top Go down
https://ghsdebate.forumotion.com
Chaoticblade
Average Debater
Average Debater
Chaoticblade

Male Number of posts : 197
Where I am : Out of my mind (be back soon)
Registration date : 2006-12-17

Basic information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic information   Basic information Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 4:20 pm

How do you join?
Just come to one of our meetings!!! There's no fee for attending a meeting or comming to our tournaments (except for buying food and going to STATE). We love having new people come and we love to hear new ideas.

Who runs the meetings?
The students. Both North and Central have seperate leadership committies (comprised of the students) who run the meetings. Mr. Kubic is our coach and he helps us out also, but the meeting itself is run by the students.

Should I Join Debate?
YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!
(Is that enough to convince you?)
Back to top Go down
http://Chaoticblade.deviantart.com

Basic information
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Grayslake Highschool Debate Forum :: New members-
Jump to: